Advanced Defensive Pistol Class: Drawing from a Holster
September 28 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Skill Level: Students MUST have taken SGA’s Defensive Pistol Class.
Class will be approximately 2 hours.
All training held at SGA’s Spring, TX location.
Training will instruct students how to draw from the holster and use live fire training exercises to advance shooters skills.
- Hour 1 training for drawing from the holster – Open Carry (OWB Holster)
- Hour 1 Drawing from holster Live fire exercises Open Carry (OWB Holster)
- Hour 2 training for drawing from the holster – Concealed Carry (OWB or IWB Holster)
- Hour 2 Drawing from holster Live fire exercises Concealed Carry (OWB or IWB Holster)
- ALL SHOOTERS MUST START WITH AN OWB HOLSTER IN HOUR 1.
- Concealed carry pistol (Full, compact or subcompact)
- Magazine pouch (2 mags)
- Open/Concealed carry holster (Bring both holsters if you have both)
- (outside the waistband OWB)
- (inside the waistband (IWB)
- 100 to 150 rds. Ammo
- Shirt/Jacket to cover pistol when it is in OWB/IWB holster – Concealed Carry
- Eye and Hearing protection
Description of Training
During the first hour Students will learn how to draw from an open carry, OWB holster and be able to put fast and accurate rounds on a target from 2 yard to 10 yards. Immediate action and Emergency reload drills may be incorporated into the training cycle.
During the second hour students will learn to draw from a concealed carry holster position from either and OWB holster or an IWB holster. Clearing the cover garment will be crucial to completing this phase of training. Immediate action and Emergency reload drills may be incorporated into the training cycle.
Note: SGA has ammo for purchase at all locations.