- This event has passed.
Crosby – Off Body Concealed Carry
September 15 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
This class will focus on introducing the skills for carrying/using a concealed carry handgun in a handbag, single strap backpack, or sling bag. There must be a dedicated pocket with a zipper, Velcro or snap closure that contains a secured holster which covers the trigger guard of any handgun placed in it. Instruction and drills will concentrate on learning to draw a handgun from the holster in the dedicated pocket, firing for accuracy, and returning the handgun to the holster in the dedicated pocket. This includes:
- Managing the handbag with the weight of the handgun and all other contents while reaching into the pocket and acquiring your master grip on the gun and removing it from the holster and pocket
- Mastering the zippers, Velcro snaps or pull tabs
- Managing the accumulative weight of the handbag during firing while maintaining accuracy
- Then reversing the process to get the handgun back into the pocket and the holster
Each student must know how to use a handgun safely and proficiently before taking this class.
- Handgun for concealed carry with at least one extra magazine
- Handbag, single strap backpack, or sling bag designed for concealed carry with a dedicated pocket for a secured holster which must cover the trigger guard
- 50 rounds of ammo
Cost: $50 for the class