- This event has passed.
*Cancelled* Magnolia – Defensive Shotgun Training
May 21 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
$80 Per Student
All training will be held at the SGA Outdoor Range.
- 28 years State and Federal Law Enforcement
- Federal/State Certified Firearms Instructor Coordinator (FIC)
- Federal Firearms Instructor Training Program (FITP) National Instructor
- 22 years as Special Operations Division, Special Response Team (SRT) member
- 15 years as SRT Forward Observer (Sniper) and FO Instructor
Defensive Shotgun is a beginner to advanced shooter course that will teach shooters how to be in complete control of one of the most versatile firearms available today. The class will cover function, presentation, shooting, reloading, manipulation and ammunition selection for the shotgun. The effective distances for this weapon system will also be demonstrated. This class is designed for the FIRST TIME shotgunner to the EXPERIENCED defensive oriented shotgunner.
- Personal Shotgun (Pump or Semi Auto Only)
- 50 – 75 rounds of 7/9 bird shot
- 10 rounds of Buck shot (OOBuck works best)
- 5 rounds of slug
- Sling for shotgun (If you already have one. Do not need one to take class)
- ANSI rated Eye Protection: Hearing protection. Comfortable shoes
Class size limited to 10 people. Note: Once the first 10 have registered, the site will not allow additional shooters.
Register on line via the SGA website, Training tab or Event Tab. Questions can be directed to Kris Mayfield at 281-914-8031 or at [email protected]